1963 Volkswagen Beetle
This beautiful 1963 Volkswagen Beetle almost went up in flames earlier this summer when an engine fire erupted a few blocks from home. Fortunately the owner pulled into a driveway and managed to put out the fire with a garden hose before the car was a total loss.
The initial cause of the fire seems to be either the fuel filter (which had melted away completely in the fire) or the wiring near the voltage regulator. This car has been re-engined and convered to 12v, and the wiring used was in poor condition.
Next - Beginning the reassembly after paint